Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
The name of this one might sounds odd, and that’s because we created it sort of on-the-spot and randomly. As recipes like that often go, this recipe is fantastic!
Featuring Jackson’s Honest Tortilla Chips
• 1 lb (approx) fully cooked or leftover chicken, shredded (breasts, thighs, legs, or wings all work as long as they are fully deboned)
• 1 pouch Winking Girl! Red or Green Enchilada Skillet Sauce
• ½ onion, diced
• ½ cup chicken broth
• 1 cup Jackson’s Honest tortilla chips, crushed (I used the little pieces at the bottom of the bag and it turned out perfect)
• Cooking oil (for sautéing)
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
Heat a little oil in a large pan and add the onions, sauteing until just browned. Add the chicken and the entire packet of Winking Girl! Skillet Sauce and mix until well incorporated.
Reduce heat to low and add the crushed tortilla chips and the chicken broth. Mix everything evenly and let simmer for about 5 minutes or until the tortilla chips have softened and the chicken broth is fully absorbed into the mixture.
serves about 4
**Extra time saver tip!** Make ahead of time using fresh chicken instead of leftover, and then you can use to make a variety of meals throughout the week: burritos, taco salads, pulled chicken sandwiches, etc.