Marination time: 6 hours
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time (minus marination time): 4-5 hours (in slowcooker)
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs
- 1 pouch Winking Girl! Fajita Marinade Skillet Sauce
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies (do not drain)
- 4 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 large bell pepper (julienned)
- ½ yellow onion (diced or julienned)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Olive oil or other cooking fat (for sautéing)
- ¼ cup chicken broth (to “line” the crockpot)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Marinate the chicken in the Winking Girl! Fajita Marinade Skillet Sauce for at least 6 hours or overnight. Place marinated chicken in the crockpot with ¼ cup chicken broth. Cook on high for about 3-4 hours.
Precook the egg noodles and set aside. Lightly saute the garlic, peppers, and onions together with some salt and pepper and set aside.
Remove chicken from crockpot and shred with two forks until all the meat is in bite-size pieces. Place back into the crockpot and mix in the egg noodles and the pepper and onion mixture. Place the cream cheese cubes about an inch apart over everything else and pour the diced tomatoes and their juice over everything else. If desired, season the top with some salt, pepper.
Place back on high for about an hour so that it is hot enough to easily mix in the cream cheese and tomatoes. Serve warm with salad or tortillas.
Serves about 4
This may be our most longest and most challenging recipe on the entire WG! website, but it’s still not too difficult! Plus, you probably already have most of this stuff in your fridge or pantry. 😉