Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups raw mixed greens (I used a spinach and kale mixture, these will cook down quite a bit)
- 5-6 colorful cherry or grape tomatoes (cut in half or quarters)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- ¼ red or yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 Tbsp Winking Girl! Cranberry-Mango Salsa
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Splash of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp butter or cooking oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium and toss in the garlic, onion, and a pinch of salt. Sautee until the garlic begins to brown and the onions are translucent.
Warm about half the cooking oil, then add about half the mixed greens. Cook down for about 20-30 seconds and add the other half of the cooking fat, the rest of the greens, and some salt and pepper. Sautee mixture until the greens are wilted evenly and there are no “raw” pieces left. Add the Winking Girl! Cranberry-Mango Salsa and cook for another 30 seconds.
Reduce heat to low-medium and add the cherry tomato pieces and the dried cranberries. Mix until well incorporated and add a splash of balsamic vinegar.
Serve hot aside meat or pasta dishes. Looks and tastes great as a holiday side dish!
Makes about 1-2 cups greens (prepared quantity will differ due to type of greens and cooking times)
Whoah, slow down there and grab yourself a cup of coffee. At this rate, Thanksgiving dinner will be ready before the guests arrive!