Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 2 hours
This is an easy twist on a classic dish. We started with cooked shrimp instead of raw. It is fantastic!
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (peeled and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 ½ cups chopped celery
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup Winking Girl Salsa of choice (I used Medium Tomatillo)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Juice from 4 limes
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Toss the shrimp, celery and bell pepper in the lime juice. Add a dash of salt and let sit for 5 minutes. Toss in the rest of the ingredients and let chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
Makes an appetizer for between 4 and 8 people
Just 15 minutes to prep and a whole 2 hours to chill. Plenty of time to catch up on some reading before lunch. 😉