Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Using Winking Girl! Salsa in this recipe adds flavor and texture without adding access oil. This recipe is a camping favorite because it can be eaten hot or cold and its ingredients are perfect for sustaining energy.
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 16oz package of smoked sausage (or 8 good quality hot dog links) cut into bite sized pieces
- 5-6 stalks celery cut into bite sized pieces
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1/2 cup Winking Girl Salsa (I used Mild Tomatillo)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dill-weed
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven for 400°F
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss until well mixed. Lay evenly onto a foiled cookie sheet and cover with a second sheet of foil. Make sure there is a small vent in the foil somewhere so a little steam can escape.
Bake for 40-45 minutes
Serves about 5
Did someone say camping? Grab the tent and some ice for the cooler. We’re heading out! 😉